Monday, November 1, 2010

A Change in Status


I always wanted to be a mother, and a grandmother.
According to family folk law I apparently told my mother at the age of five , after I had spent six months in School, that I had learnt enough & It was about time I left school, so I could concentrate on my life long ambition to become a mother.
I am happy to announce that my mother decided that my education needed more of a boost and my request was denied.
I became a mother on the 11th October 1984 at the age of 33. As I held my son in my arms for the first time I promised him that I would, to the best of my ability , love, nurture,guide, coach, coax, protect , provide for, take care of , educate & Inform him; thus preparing him for the day he would also hold his child in his ams and make his own silent promises.

I had phenomenal grandmothers, they taught and nurtured me, laughed and cried with me, they formulated my very essence. I saw them with out fail every week where they would not only feed my body but my soul.

One grand mother taught me to cook, do needle point , and to act like a lady. The other taught me how to shop in markets ,to love reading , and to embrace enjoy life with all my heart.

Both grandmothers loved me totally unconditionally and I knew that I was special to them.
On the 28th February 2010 at approximately 4.am a very wet Purim Morning I became a Grandmother .

No comments:

Post a Comment